Sunday, September 23, 2007

Things To Do With $60 Instead of Buying a Kimkins Membership

Kimmer has a blog where she is trying to show that the best thing you can do is to pay $60 to her! Read some of the links and you'll see why this is a really bad idea. I can not think of one person that deserves the money less than she does.

Some of my ideas for a better way to spend $60 are (not mentioning the obvious legitimate charitable causes, and that does not include imaginary foster kids):

1) Join a FREE diet web site. There are a lot of them around and even if they also have admin moderation, it is not abused. On kimkins you do not dare to speak you mind. Actually, you are at a complete loss to what is allowed or not, and it seems to change day from day. If you violate some undefined rule, you are banned without explanation and have lost your money.

2) Put the money towards a new monitor for when you spend time online on the FREE sites with your REAL friends. There you don't have to wonder if you are talking to a sock puppet (or a Tippy Toes finger puppet).

3) Buy some diet books, written by people that actually know what they are talking about.

4) Buy some high quality foods. When I eat low carb, I allow myself more expensive foods than I would normally have bought; selecting choice cuts of meat, fresh vegetables in abundance and out-of-season berries when I want. This makes for a lot of variety and you don't feel like you are on a diet.

5) Buy a couple of kitchen gadgets to make cooking more interesting. Not doing kimkins, I can use actual food for my cooking. I can't imagine trying to invent recipes with egg whites as the main and only ingredient.

6) Buy dumbbells and an exercise DVD. You get just as a good workout with these as using the machines at the gym. Muscles make you look good and burn calories! Yes, you can lose weight without exercise but would you risk looking like kimmer does now?

7) Get a manicure or pedicure to celebrate a weight loss from a sensible diet that does not put your health at risk.

8) Get a haircut to show off your healthy hair rather than trying to disguise hair loss from the kimkins crash diet.

9) Buy a camera and take pictures to show off your real weight loss. No need to lift stock pictures from the internet.

10) Buy a bottle of champagne to have on hand when the kimpire falls down!

3 comments:

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

The last three were especially good to end on. :)

The Princess

Anonymous said...

Hah!!! I love it!!! Your ideas are excellent! I love how you tied each one back to Kimkins, lol!

mariasol said...

Thanks for your comments :)
LOL, I didn't even notice that I referred back to kimkins all the time. I guess that's what's on my mind lately.